Troy Container Line wishes to remind all shippers that, since July 2, 2008 the U.S. Census Bureau & Custom Border Protection requires mandatory filing of export information prior to vessel departure through the Automated Export System (AES) for all shipments.
The regulations call for the export information to be filed in AES according to a specific timeframe, and it is now fully implemented with effective date October 1, 2008.
The shipper or its authorized agent will be required to provide to the exporting carrier AES ITN or exemption legend prior to exporting at scheduled port where the cargo is loaded. Failure to provide to the carrier the AES ITN or exemption legend would result in the inability by the carrier to load the cargo onto the assigned vessel. In the event any cargo is loaded without the mandatory filing, a fine of US$10,000 per Bill of Lading is assessed by U.S. Census Bureau & Custom Border Protection.
Troy Container Line wants to make sure that our clients are aware:
- to file and provide information in accordance with the U.S. Census Bureau & Custom Border Protection;
- to pass the information to us along with your shipping instructions within the timeframe outlined below.
- that cargo will NOT be loaded and will be rolled due to non compliance, and that same would be subject to roll-over fee; late documentation fee; demurrage; storage; re-handling; and any charge assessed by the terminal and the carrier in line with their published tariff.
Troy Container Line will operate under the following guidelines:
- it would be mandatory to receive bill of lading info with AES ITN or exemption legend 24 hours prior to cargo cutoff for all shipments.
- upon deadline, Troy Container Line WILL NOT LOAD any shipment for which NO documents were received.
Troy Container Line reminds all shippers how important it is to provide us with correct and timely.